|
DESCRIBE
|
||
|
In
my second teaching experience, I felt more comfortable because I already knew
my students and I knew what to expect from them. At the beginning, I did a
warm up where they had to put into practice the simple present but since it
was a board game it included things that they hadn´t studied yet. Fortunately,
they were willing to investigate and ask me the meaning of it. Then it was
just about practice. They completed conversations using the simple present
and then they past to the front to role play the conversations. After each
role play we corrected mistakes in order to remember what they had studied
during the last classes. I noticed that all of them were excited to past to
the front, which is weird since not all the
persons are wiling to do it, but fortunately no one said :NO and participated
in this activity. Then I tried to make them move for them not to be bored and
stretch up a little bit. They were laughing and trying to do what was asked.
I really feel comfortable when students get involved and respond to my
orders.
|
||
|
(ANALYZE)
|
PLAN ACTION
_______________________
Next class, I will try to CCQ
my students using yes-no questions. I do not have to expect them to explain
each step I´ve said because they are beginners. I must ask simple-short
questions, like: Are we going to stand up? So the Ss will answer YES or NO
according to the instructions you gave them. This will be helpful for me to
know if they got my instructions.
Also I plan to talk less and leave them to talk more. I should be just a support when doing speaking activities if that is your main objective for the class, Make them speak.
|
|
|
INTERPRET
|
GENERALIZE
|
|
|
This
day, it was about practice “speaking” what I think is the most difficult step
for a teacher because students are afraid of making mistakes. So it is important
to look for activities where students feel comfortable with speaking
activities. It is a challenge to make them speak. Nevertheless it is good
when they rise their hand to participate voluntarily so you as teacher has to
observe what activities are more appropriate for them taking into account
their level.
|
Any
time when you make an activity, it is important to give clear instructions because
if you do not do that it can become a chaos that is why I realized that using
three verbs at the time is really useful. Students get confused when you tell
them everything they had do, so try to explain each step doing them with
actions. I mean do what you expect them to do. In this way they will understand
better the instructions. With beginners, you should use easy verbs.
|
|
domingo, 1 de marzo de 2015
MY SECOND ENTRY
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Great job! Well, in the case of using board games it is very useful to create them yourself because you can adapt them to the proficiency level of your students. However, it is good if you include some new words for they learn vocabulary. I want to recommend you to do error correction at the end, when all students have participated because it becomes tedious if you correct each of the mistakes they do. They can feel uncomfortable and ashamed. Notheless, if you do it in general, they will feel more relaxed.
ResponderEliminarTHANK YOU
ResponderEliminar