sábado, 28 de marzo de 2015

My second entry

DESCRIBE

In my second teaching practicum I had to realize many activities where my Ss could practice Wh-questions using the simple present. As a warm up, they played “dominoes” where they had to match sentences instead of numbers. With this warm up I could notice what they remember about the simple present; some of them had troubles, but then, they could complete it. Then I made I grammar review in which I realized that some of them were kind of lost because they had not been in the previous class, so I needed to go deeper in the “review.” I think it is kind of difficult to teach adults because they understand in a slower way than children or teenagers as I mentioned in the previous entry. However it is good that adults are always willing try and ask as many questions as possible until they get what they have to do. Later, I did some practice which were really helpful for them to understand better the topic and since they love to speak I tried to make almost all the activities in a speaking way. At the end, I believe that it was a successful class because I could see their progress at the end of the class.
ANALYZE
PLAN ACTION
INTERPRET
GENERALIZE
Making speaking activities are really helpful for my Ss. That is what they like, so I had to take advantage of it. Moreover, the main objective of this “diplomado” is that they can understand and communicate in a second language. Looking for speaking activities is difficult even more if I am with adults. I cannot make activities where they have to run, sing or play. But I have to know and pay attention to the activities where they respond successfully.
Having them work in pairs or groups made me realize that they work better and faster because they respond their questions among their classmates, so it makes easier the teacher´s work. However, it doesn´t mean that the teacher will not monitor what they are doing. They will always need the help from the teacher. But group work always works because the Ss feel more confidence to make the activities.





For next class, I need to reinforce the simple present with more activities because they have to pass to another topic, so it is necessary to make many activities. Also I plan to make them explain some little concepts to see how well they have understood the simple present tense. Maybe, little presentations about Wh-questions can help to end with this topic.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario