|
DESCRIBE
|
||
|
I think that having to
plan a class a day before teaching it is really stressful because the day
passes so quickly that you don’t have time to investigate deeply about the
topic and also to find the most accurate activities for your students.
Moreover to be taking other subjects make it even more difficult, so, when
doing our teaching practices, it becomes really difficult to teach. In my
first class of the third period, I was sent to intermediate II, where I had
to deal with one of the most difficult topics for me that was “The unreal
conditional.” I think that this topic is difficult to teach from scratch
(talking about grammar), but not to put it into practice. Also, I think it
was a challenge because I couldn´t observe how the class was, and what kind
of students I was going to deal with. I was really nervous because I had
never been with them. I had to introduce myself because the teacher didn´t
explain to the Ss I was going the practitioner this period. Besides that I
felt weird since most of the students, that are boys, were thinking about the
soccer game of the Real Madrid that was playing in that right moment, so they
were distracted using their cellphones to know the score, etc. Unfortunately,
I had to explain grammar (theoretical part) so I couldn´t develop many
kinesthetic activities to get them distracted. Well, even though it wasn´t a
really good day for me, I got a good grade at the end.
|
||
|
ANALYZE
|
PLAN ACTION
|
|
|
INTERPRET
|
GENERALIZE
|
|
|
When having exterior
distractions, it is really difficult to get them focused on the class. So it
is important to make activities in which they can relax and enjoy the class. Activities
that help them forget about outside and concentrate in the class. Also another
way is to make them participate in the class. Making questions, working in pairs,
or making a contest among groups can help Ss to get involved into the class unless,
it is the theoretical part you are developing.
|
When there is difficult
topic, it is important to go step by step in the grammar part because if Ss don’t
get it, it will become challenging when putting into practice. Sometimes we,
as teachers, make the mistake of pretending Ss will remember the tenses
studied before. That would be perfect for us, but I think it is our job to
make a review of the past topics in order to facilitate them to learn a new
tense.
|
For next class, I need to use
activities for them to move since I realize they get bored or distracted
easily. They need like a couch that is speaking out loud, motivating them in
every move. Maybe, they are accustomed to it because of the teacher they
have. So I need to get my inside couch for this new group of Ss.
|
lunes, 18 de mayo de 2015
First entry (third period)
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Hi Karla,
ResponderEliminarI know that this is hard for all of us, but I think that though it's stressful to plan classes in that way, it can help us in the future because you won't struggle to much to prepare an activity. I think that later, it will be easier for you if you have to teach this lesson again. Also, I learned during this period that it doesn't matter the activity, you can make students stand up to share/compare their answers. It doesn't have to be a speaking activity. The clue is to make them compare, hesitate, check notes, and at the end, you will clarify. Hope to read that your following class would be great.
hi, well first, than you for your comment and also let me tell you that this time was better that the first time. Now that was the second one, I know how my Ss work and what kind of exercises I should do. So thank you for your advice.
Eliminar