martes, 6 de octubre de 2015

SECOND PERIOD


First class, second period

DESCRIBE
Well, in this first class, I was a little bit intimidated since it was a large group, and as you know, it is more difficult to do all the activities planned on time. Moreover, the first class was about “phrasal verbs”. I don´t know why but I´ve always had to teach grammar in all my practices. So, it was kind of hard since I had to teach a limited amount of phrasal verbs which makes it difficult because when looking for activities, I found with a variety of phrasal verbs and most of them weren´t the ones I had to teach, so basically I had to create or “re make” (if I can say) the activities to adjust them to my class. However, I think they worked pretty well because I got good response from the students, and I noticed they got the grammar pretty well. However, something that failed was the time to develop the activities because I made them work individually and it took much time.
(ANALYZE)
PLAN ACTION
INTERPRET
GENERALIZE
When having a large group, it is very important to manage the time because they can take some minutes to do the exercises, and the teacher has to develop, at least, three activities which is not possible if students work individually.
Monitoring is relevant when having many students since they can get distracted easily. So to be walking around the classroom can help students to work, however, it is important to know that some of them can feel intimidated if I monitor them every second, so I have to give them space. I have to know my students to know when they need my help or when they need a little bit of pressure to work too.
I´m thinking about make the students work in groups or in pairs next time because it can help me not only to finish the activities quickly but also to check the exercises in less time. Also when students work with someone else, their confidence is higher and it is good for them to feel comfortable and sure about what they have done.

Second class, second period

DESCRIBE
in this class, I was happy because the topic was "much and many." I prepaared some activities that were really helpful. this time I made students work in pairs which helped me finish on time. also I noticed that they were correcting each other´s mistakes, so my help wasn´t so necessary as the first class. unfortunately there was an activity that make me sweat because it was divided into 2 activities, so as you know, I have troubles when giving instructions. well, I explained it ans somehow make it work. Thank God, I saw that students enjoyed the activity.
(ANALYZE)
PLAN ACTION
INTERPRET
GENERALIZE
When having an activitiy with many instructions, it is necessary to make a chart or to look for a way in which students can get the idea quickly and develop the activity successfully. also it is good to develop activities related to real life to help students when they have to face real situations. "Much and Many" is good topic to make activities of real life.
I noticed that students enjoy activites in which they have to investigate or find out some information. With this kind of activities you can make them talk in order or find information about other people. it is important to give them much time if they are making oral exercise since the classroom id the only place where they can practice orally.
Next time, I will use a chart to give instructions and so minimize time when explaining. Also it will help students know what to do next in case they forget. also a chart is useful not only with instructions but also with grammar part. With a chart, it is not necessary to be writing and wasting time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario