DESCRIBE
|
||
In
my first teaching experience, I could realize that they were willing to learn
English. They were paying attention and participating in class. Even though
they felt afraid of making mistakes and they had a new teacher, students
worked hard and tried to be involved in every activity. At the beginning, I
did a warm up activity in which they had to fish but at the same time they
were practicing what they had studied previously with the teacher. I could
notice that some of them managed really well the topic, but for some of them,
it was hard to answer some questions; so the warm up activity helped to know
my students. During the class, I did some activities to help them understand
better the topic. The topic was “the simple present”; so I used some
flashcards and visual materials to make it easier. Fortunately, the students
responded really well to the activities. Fortunately, students were really
excited in all the activities that I think it helps when learning something
new in your life.
|
||
(ANALYZE)
|
PLAN ACTION
Next
class, I am trying to give instructions clearly for them to understand and do
thing quickly. And also I´ll try to encourage them with more energy. Maybe smiling
or a loud voice can help them to get motivated to do something you have
asked.
Besides
that, I am trying to make some activities in which students can help each
other because since they are beginners, they need extra help to do something,
and also will feel more comfortable to do it. So next time, pair or group
work will be one of my tasks.
|
|
INTERPRET
|
GENERALIZE
|
|
With
beginners, it is kind of hard to teach grammar since the teacher has to know
how many words or concepts he is going to teach. I think it is important to
measure it because you can´t overwhelm students with too much information. If
you do that, they will get lost or confused at some point; so for me, it was
a challenge to limit the information and to know when they had gotten it
well.
|
Based
on my practice, I know that monitoring is so important because in this way
you help to the students. If you leave them alone doing exercises you do not
know if they are doing well or if they are even doing the activity. Monitoring
not only encourage students to do something but also support them. They feel
comfortable because they know you are there to help them all the time. Being a
teacher centered is good but only for a few seconds, maybe when explaining a
topics or giving specific instructions.
|
|
domingo, 1 de marzo de 2015
MY FIRST TEACHING PRACTICE
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Good, Karla. You had a nice class. I think many of us have had problems giving instructions but something we can do is modelling or giving examples, so, students understand better. Including pair-work and group work is and excellent because students not only help one another but they also interact and have fun.
ResponderEliminarTHANK YOU FOR YOUR PIECES OF ADVICE
Eliminar